- ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED DURING 2014-17
6.1 Report for the year: 2014-15
No. of programmes conducted in Non Academic Working days : 361
Special Programme Conducted:
- Social development Clubs inauguration with Plastic and Parthenium Eradication Campaign and Military demo by Rapid Action Force (101bn), Vellalore headed by Mr.PP.Pauly, Commandant (370 Nos) . Around 2500 students and 200 faculty involved in the cleaning programme. Dr. Padmanaban, Course Director, IAS Study Center was the chief guest for the function.
- Programmes conducted as per the guidelines of MHRD – UGC
- Cleaning & Awareness program (Swatch Bharath Campaign) Ref: D.O. No. 18-61/ 2014-U1A dated 23rd September 2014.
- International Students' Day ("Shikshit Bharat, Saksham Bharat") Ref: D.O. No. F.1-1/2014 (Secy) dated 5th November, 2014
- National Education Day Ref: D.O. F-91-26/2014(SU-II)/(CPP-II) dated 31 st October 2014.
- SardarVallabhabhai Patel Ji's Birth Anniversary (National Unity Day) Celebration O. Letter No. F.1-10/2014 (CM) dated 22nd October 2014 from Prof. Ved Prakash Chairman, UGC.
- Honorable Chancellor’s 52 nd Birthday Celebrations (4 th September 2014)
- Birthday Celebrations among Nallurpathy Tribal People
- Birthday Celebrations among Seesha Old Age Home
- Tree Plantations in campus - 52 saplings
- Birthday Celebrations among Orphanage Children (Love & Grace)
- Free Medical Camp at Nallurpathy village
- MINDKRAFT PHOTO EXIBITION
- The Centre for Extension Activities has arranged a Photo Exhibition of Patriots of National leaders and freedom fighters during the MINDKRAFT – a techno-cultural event conducted between 25 th and 27 th February 2015. The exhibition had approximately 137 photographs on display. The exhibition covered famous national leaders and freedom fighters of India. More than 1000 students from nearby schools were visited the exhibition.
- PROGRAMMES ORGANISED IN COLLOBORATION WITH SEESHA
- Special Games for differently abled persons at KEMT 2014
- Blood Donation Camp – 13 th 2015
- The Great Day of Joy – New dress distribution to 7 Tribal Hamlets near University. 13 th 2015
- Disability Camp at Thondamuthur 21 st February 2015
- Cultural Competitions (Outside Colleges / Universities)
- More than 75 students participated in various cultural competitions conducted by colleges / universities and bagged Apprx. 60,000 Cash awards and prizes.
- National Important Days
- Independence Day in KU Campus
- Independence Day in Nallurpathy Tribal villages
- Independence dayprogrammes and sweet distribution in 7 Govt. Schools nearby University.
- Republic day in KU Campus
- Republic day programmes and sweet distribution in 7 Govt Schools nearby University.
- Teachers day Celebrations (5 th 2015)
- Red Carpeted welcome to teachers
- Presentation of greetings Cards and Sweets
- Lecture Session – Padmashiri Dr. G. Bakthavathsalam, KG Hospitals
- Cultural, Who am I, Dance, & Skit
- Southern regional student meet for world water day celebrations (Water Institute and AQUA club of CEA) – 20.3.2015.
- VetriyaiThedi (Career Guidance Programme for +2 students)
The Karunya Outreach Club of Karunya University in association with Good News Students’ Association, Dharapuram conducted a programme on “VetriyaiThedi” especially for +2 students. Dr. K. Karthikeyan welcomed the +2 students and teachers for the programme. He briefed about the salient features of Karunya University. Mr. A. Joe Paulson, Chief Engineer, Karunya University delivered a “God Centered Life”. He encouraged the students to grow in the Lord for success. Karunya Admission Stall also arranged in the venue.
- MEGA CAMPAIGN ON H1N1 AWARENESS IN COLLABORATION WITH COIMBATORE CORPORATION (14 th March)
- Inaugurated by Dr. Vijayakarthikeyan, Commissioner, Coimbatore Corporation.
- 2500 students & 200 staff members from KU, Seesha and Rapid Action Force were participated in the rally.
- 20,000 handbills distributed to public.
- 20 big flex board erected.
- Widely published in 18 news papers.
- Road Safety Campaign in all the main Signals of Coimbatore.
- Project titled “Campus Environmental Audit” funded by United Board for Christian Higher Education was completed and forwarded report.
- Received a project fund of $5000 from United Board for Christian Higher Education (Dr. Jibu Thomas, Coordinator, Nature Club) for Green Campus.
- NSS is added with 3 more units this year. Now total 15 units.
6.2 Report for the year: 2015-17
No. of programmes conducted in Non Academic Working days : 370 (Approx)
Special Programmes Conducted:
Karunya Food Carnival:
- 5000 Students and Staff participated and contributed.
- 14,85,000 raised and disbursed as scholarship for 168 KU students and 68 School Students.
Chennai Flood Relief Camp ( 7 th to 11 th December 2015)
- 50 Members Team visited the flood affected areas in Chennai City.
- Fund Raised 13,72,714
- Reached 13 flood affected areas and distributed basic materials (Toiletry items, bed sheet, towel, milk, medicine, torch light, bread & jam…etc)
School kit distribution to needy Tribal children
- 500 School Kit bag distributed to the needy rural children.
Free Bench & Desks distribution
- 700 furniture items distributed to adopted Schools and villages worth of
Noyyal River Restoration Rally
- Awareness rally Noyyal Restoration and Importance of Water Conservation in associated with ‘Siruthuli’ organization
- 1000 students participated.
- Participated in Noyyal Restoration Project – Inauguration Ceremony
International Women’s Day Rally at Coimbatore City
- A Rally on “Women’s Rights” conducted in Coimbatore City. NishaParthipan, IPS, Asst. Commissioner of Police inaugurated the Rally.
- 1000 students participated.
- Women Empowerment programme conducted for our female faculties on 8 th March 2016 at Elohim Auditorium. Mrs. Minu, I.R.S., Dy. Commissioner of Income Tax was the resource person.
Spiced Butter Milk Stall for local villagers and tourists.
- Spiced Butter Milk stall arranged for local and tourists from 02 nd to 09 th May 2016 infront of Bethesda Main gate in association with BIPC, Seesha and KU Residencies. 1200 cups per day distributed at free of cost.
- Republic Day celebrated in 10 schools, Little Hearts, Mundanthurai village and Seesha Old Age Home. More than 3000 students and 200 villagers benefitted.
Community Health Programmers:
- Free Eye, Dental and General Medical Camp at Thombilipalayam village or in and around 10 km radius in collaboration with Seesha and Lotus Eye Hospital.
- Blood donation camp conducted in association with Coimbatore Medical College Hospital and Shanthi Social Service (NSS & YRC)
Environmental Development Programmers
- In view of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s birthday, tree saplings were distributed to all staff of Karunya University and village people.
- Tree plantation conducted in nearby villages (tPl;Lf;FxUkuk; tsh;g;nghk; jpl;lk;).
and in KU grounds